Sunday, August 21, 2011

A bit of authorly happy-dance

My contributor's copies of the September/October issue of Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction arrived yesterday. My last story to appear in it was back in 2009, and it was science fiction, as in space, as in planets. Before that, we have to go back to the Wheeler byline, it was so long ago.

This story is fantasy, one of those that came together in odd and beautiful ways, definitely more on the X-rated side of the scale than my usual, so much so that there's a "not for younger readers" warning in the intro.Then there's the intro description "a deft period fantasy." So consider yourselves warned. Or enticed, as the case may be.

It's just wonderful to see those words in print. Novels are so long between, and the thrill never goes away. At least, not for me.

Oh, did I forget to say? It's called "A Borrowed Heart."

Here's the Table of Contents.

1 comment: